Responsible for supporting construction labor on projects of all types. 2 or 3 years of experience in equivalent project related work. Ability to install equipment with minimal supervision and lead others in completing tasks. Structural welding in all positions.
· Participation in all safety aspects of the job including job hazards analysis, weekly meetings, OSHA 1926, OSHA 1910, safety committee
· Be prepared and ready to work
· Grinding, drilling, cutting, working with hand tools
· Fabricating transitions, equipment supports, weldments, etc.
· Bolt together and install equipment with proper alignment, including drag conveyors, belt conveyors, bucket elevators
· Install and align motors and drives
· Pick up and discard construction debris
· Lead and work with others
· Think ahead during process of construction
· Be respectful of others and always help in whatever is needed
· As required / requested, be prepared to carry out other duties and responsibilities
· Be prepared to assist other company personnel as required / requested
· Work Hours: 50+
· Ability to climb ladders and structural steel
· Understands OSHA 1910 requirements and installs materials accordingly
· Ability to handle tools
· Ability to navigate across rough terrain in difficult weather conditions
· Ability to work in all types of weather
· Ability to handle personal wellbeing and work safely
· Basic knowledge of mechanics and construction
· Ability to read, write, fill out forms and follow work plans as required
|Education and Experience:
· HS diploma or GED
· 2 to 3 years of experience in equivalent project related work.
· $25/hr – $30/hr
· Up to $80 per diem
· SMA has a competitive benefits package.